Q: You recommend Basic Green Salad as a part of your weekly meal plans. What exactly is this salad?
Basic Green Salad aka BGS is a great start to an amazing meal. The ingredients of this salad can vary throughout the year, depending on whats in season. The BGS makes a great addition to your main course or we personally like to use it as a base for a full salad meal. Simply add some sprouts, assorted fresh veggies, toss it with one of our homemade dressings and you just created a beautiful nutritious plant powered meal. Enjoy!
That’s it for today. We hope you give this simple recipe a try. It’s really wonderful. It makes you feel healthy, nourished and connected to the earth.
With love and respect,
The Basic Green Salad
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce chopped (or red/green/butter lettuce)
- 2 cups 80 g organic baby arugula (or chard, spinach, baby kale)
- 1 cup 40 g cilantro, chopped (or another fresh herb)
- 1 cup 40 g parsley, chopped (or another fresh herb)
- Combine all of the greens in a big salad bowl.
- Use this recipe as a starting point for creating your own healthy and quick plant-powered meals.
- Eat fresh or store in a closed glass container in the refrigerator for 2 -3 days.