Warm Kale Salad with Potatoes and Miso Ginger Dressing
- 2 small sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (brown rice would work as well)
- 2 tbsp raw pecans (or other raw nuts of your choice)
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut it into cubes. Toss in 1tbsp of oil, the smoked paprika, and a little salt and pepper. Spread out into a single layer on a baking tray, and roast for around 35 minutes at 400°F, until soft in the middle and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, remove the tough stems from the kale, and cut the leaves into strips. Heat the remaining 1tbsp of oil in a large frying pan, and add the kale and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes, then add the cooked quinoa and pecans. Cook for a few more minutes so that they can absorb the garlicky flavours and become slightly toasted.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready, add them to the quinoa and kale, and mix well. Mix in the dressing. Serve warm.
Ginger Miso Dressing
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp red or white unpasteurized miso
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds, ground to a powder
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Blend all ingredients until silky smooth in the blender.
- Set aside for 10-30 minutes, giving the chia seeds time to expand and absorb some of the dressing. You can control how thick you want your dressing to be by adding more water.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.