Why should you consider making your own nut mylks?
Ditch the dairy
Cow’s milk has significant levels of female hormones, and usually contains antibiotics, pesticides, saturated fat, and cholesterol — substances that definitely do NOT do a body good! Do you know that up to 65% of human population has trouble digesting lactose (dairy products), in fact East Asian people 90% of the population is lactose intolerant, which can cause gas, abdominal cramps and gastrointestinal distress. Raw nut mylk is truly a great alternative to get your source of nutrients such as calcium, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and lots other minerals needed for our body.
Pure Almond Mylk
For about one liter use:
- 1.5 cup raw organic almonds- pre soak in cold filtered water for 8-12 hours
- 6 cups of clean filtered water
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2-4 dates
- vanilla extract
- Drain the almonds and discard the soaking water. Once soaked and drained peel the almonds- basically all you need to do is press on the almonds with your fingers and the skin will come off easily.
- Rinse the peeled almonds under cold water and place in a good blender. Add 6 cups of cold water you are comfortable drinking (spring or filtered) and a pinch of salt. Optional you can also add 2-4 dates depending on how sweet you like it, and vanilla extract.
- Blend on high for about 60 sec.
- Use a nut milk bag to place the blended almond mix in and squeeze all the liquid out to a bowl. I use 100% natural hemp milk bag by P&F HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS
- Store in glass bottle in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Shake or stir before using.
This is a basic recipe that can easily be used as a guide to create many other nut mylk variations. Now all you need to do, is gather the essentials and start to experiment with making your very own nut mylk at home. For more inspiration check out our HazelNut Mylk version.
With love & light,
Thank you for the awesome information. I’m making my first batch soon…,,, wish me luck! ✌️✌️
You are very welcome Belinda, let us know how it turns out and how you like it 🙂