If you feel yourself coming down with a cold, flu, or generally starting to feel run down this is NOT the time to be eating ANY sugar, artificial sweeteners or processed foods. Instead, support your body and your immune system with proper nutrition, sleep, fresh air, sunshine and stress management.
And when it comes to nutrition there is no better way to fortify yourself with vitamins, minerals and other health-supporting nutrients than by drinking fresh juice made with healing herbs, vegetables, and fruits.
Carrot + Orange + Ginger + Lemon + Oil of Oregano
Support your immune system by adding this juice to your daily routine the moment you first feel yourself getting a bug. This powerful and tasty combo is packed with the most potent immune-boosting ingredients, to deliver the optimum health benefits!
- Carrot: Carrots are full of beta carotene, which strengthens the body and protects against the free radical damage that can lead to illness. Carrots are also loaded with many important vitamins (such as vitamins A, C, and E), carotenoids, and polyphenols that offer a variety of health benefits, including strengthening the immune system.
- Orange: Many people reach for orange juice when trying to fight off the common cold. Oranges are well-known for their high level of vitamin C, which can boost your immunity and be an asset during the cold and flu season. Vitamin C has been studied extensively and may help decrease the duration and intensity of the common cold and many other virus-related diseases.
- Lemon: Lemons contain high levels of vitamin C, as well as strong antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, making this an amazing superfood for strengthening your immunity.
- Ginger: Ginger contains a high level of antioxidants, along with some notable antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that will keep you stay healthy.
- Oil of Oregano: The active compound in oregano, carvacrol, is antimicrobial, meaning it kills bad bacteria and consuming oregano oil has been known to be a potent remedy that helps ward off bacterial infections. Adding a few drops of it to your juice or morning smoothie could help fight off any nasty bugs you may have come into contact with. You can find Oil of Oregano at your local natural health food store or online here.
The Natural Antibiotic Juice
- 8 medium carrots
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch 2.5 cm piece of ginger
- 4-6 drops of oregano oil
- Peel oranges and lemon.
- Wash all produce well.
- Add all ingredients except oregano oil through a juicer.
- Pour the juice into a glass jar and add in 3-4 drops of oregano oil.
- Close the jar tightly with lit and shake well. Enjoy right away!
For more natural antiviral recipes make sure to see:
Dedicated to your health & wellbeing,