This health tonic is a combination of several alkalizing and refreshing plants that will give your immune system a natural boost. The greens are packed with chlorophyll to promote healthy red blood cells while the lemon and ginger are immunity powerhouses that keep you healthy year-round. The green apple is a low glycemic sweetener to keep your blood sugar levels at bay while enjoying this beautifying, cleansing and energizing juice. The health and beauty benefits are bountiful and the taste is a perfect combination of sweet, smooth and tangy. The ginger in this drink gives it quite a kick, but it’s an extremely effective immune enhancer.
LEMON & GREENS JUICE
This low sugar juice is the perfect natural remedy for promoting wellness during the spring and fall months.
- IMMUNE BUILDING
LEMON & GREENS JUICE
- 2 green apples unpeeled
- 6 stalks of celery
- Handful of spinach
- A chunk of fresh ginger 1-2 inches*
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Wash all your produce well and cut into pieces that will fit through your juicer.
- Feed the apples, celery, spinach, and ginger through your juicer.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
- Drink fresh to receive the most nutritional value.
The lemon juice not only smooths out the flavours but also helps with nutrient absorption.
* You can always add more ginger if you like. In our opinion, the more the better!
Don’t have a juicer?
That’s okay. You can still enjoy this power drink by following these instructions:
- Prep all your produce – wash, peel and cut.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding about 1/4 cup of filtered water.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the juice over.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to press the pulp down and squeeze all of the juice out.
- Allow sitting for 2-3 minutes to let most of the juice drain. Discard pulp and pour your juice into a serving glass. Drink immediately.
Also, check out our article to learn the 5 ways to boost your immune system.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Dedicated to your health & wellbeing,