Recently we started experimenting with making raw creamy soups heated in the Vitamix and today we are sharing with you one of our favourite creations, to date. This vibrant soup is nourishing and satisfying, especially on a cold winter day!
Durning chilly winter months most of us tend to crave more warming and comforting foods and it can be difficult to eat a big green salad every day. However, there is no reason to give up on the raw living plant-based foods. On the contrary, including foods that are rich in enzymes which are naturally present in raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and cultured foods that have not been heated over 115–118° F (45-48°C) is absolutely essential for maintaining good health all year long.
Blending soups and sauces in a high-speed blender like the Vitamix will warm the liquids gently. This will ensure that you are not damaging these heat-sensitive essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals and enzymes that would normally not survive the traditional cooking methods. Plus you can have an amazing nutrient dense meal ready to enjoy in less than 10 minutes!
GREEN CREAM SOUP for a healthy gut
- ¼ cup raw or sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup unhulled sesame seeds
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 2 cups water
- 2 dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend thoroughly until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- If you have a regular blender you may pour into a saucepan and gently warm over low heat, stir and watch carefully so as not to overheat it. It should be warm enough to enjoy but not too hot as the heat would damage the precious vitamins and enzymes that make it so nourishing.
- Top with chopped pistachios, hemp seeds, green onion, spinach leaves or fresh sprouts and serve.
Dedicated to your health & wellbeing,