This Vegan Coconut curry is not only a super flavorful dish, but it’s also easy to make and healthy for you!
Let’s examine the health benefits of curry, shell we?
The ingredients of curry
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 leafs of kale, stemmed and chopped
- handfull of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh, and cook 10 minutes or until golden on all sides. Set aside
Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Combine the shallots, ,chile, ginger, salt and garlic in a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the shallot paste, and cook for 5 minutes, or until starting to brown. Stir in the curry powder, tumeric, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus,kale and tempeh; cook for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
Serve over brown rice.