Cold months + short on time days call for some While Bean Chili! This vegan comforting meal can be made in under 30 mins and delivers a whopping 24 grams of plant-based protein in each serving! Great news for any active plant-based eaters who want to put on lean muscle and nourish their bodies well after a challenging workout.
**Recipe adapted from The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family, book by Ilene Godofsky Moreno
Vegan White Bean Chili
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3 sweet potatoes chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms see notes below
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked white lima or kidney beans or one 15-ounce can rinse and drained
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper reduce or omit for less spice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-6 leaves of kale destemmed and chopped
- Fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- Heat the water in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5–7 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, and tempeh, lower the heat to medium and simmer until everything is tender, 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 3–4 minutes. Finally, add the kale and stir for 1–2 minutes, until it wilts.
- Serve warm, with desired toppings.
Here you have it friends, a simple, tasty, quick meal that will impress and nourish not only you but also your kids and even most picky eaters in the family.
P.S. Does this recipe look appealing to you? Great! Feel free to tell us about it int the comments below. And don’t forget to share it with your friends and help them thrive on plants!
Other similar recipes you might enjoy: