“I just don’t have the time to make those complicated meals.”
Okay, I get it, making a fresh, wholesome plant-based meal every breakfast, lunch and dinner sounds little overwhelming, especially if your life is already packed, you work long hours, you’ve got kids, fitting in regular workouts, etc.
So today we are featuring a super quick and nutritious recipe from Avocado Pesto. This apple and granola wraps makes for a perfect quick breakfast or light gluten free snack. It only takes 7 minutes to prepare! Staying on track with your plant-based diet could be as is as this 😉
Vicky’s AvocadoPesto is a food blog focused on healthy meals made from scratch with recipes catering to restrictive diets including gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. Vicky spent two years backpacking through Europe and Asia and many of her recipes are inspired by her time spent abroad.
Connect with Vicky:
ALMOND BUTTER, APPLE AND GRANOLA SNACK WRAPS
The original recipe called for peanut butter. We decided to replace is with a healthier o alternative - almond butter
- 1 to tortilla use sprouted whole grain or rice
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- ½ apple thinly sliced
- handful of granola
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 pieces dark chocolate optional
- Spread almond butter in the center of the tortilla and top with apple slices and granola.
- Wrap up like a burrito.
- Eat as is or if you wish, heat oil over medium heat in a pan and lightly cook snack wrap on each side until browned.
- Optional: Melt dark chocolate and drizzle over the wraps
Did you make this recipe?Tag @activevegetarian on Instagram so we can share it.