You are what you eat, so why pollute your body with artificial ingredients and nutrient-depleted foods?
Let’s face it, it could be challenging to find a healthy on the go snack that is made purely from natural ingredients and will nourish you (and your family). Most of the snacks available in the stores are filled with junk – full of sugar, artificial sweeteners and flavours, low in nutrients yet high in calories. We suggest that you stay away!
Fortunately, it’s not all that difficult or time-consuming to create your own power snack that will support your healthy and active lifestyle. First order of business is to start with high-quality whole natural ingredients. These RAW SUPERFOOD ENERGY BITES are full of amazing stuff (hemp seeds, sesame, chia, goji, mulberries, and maca) to keep you energized and fueled during those busy on-the-go days. The best part is that making a healthy snack like this one is so easy – simply mix these plant-based “superfoods” in a bowl – shape – chill – and enjoy!
To preserve all the goodness in these bars and get the maximum amount of vitamins and minerals, we kept them raw.
Honestly, this is one of the simplest healthy treats you can make in less than 15 minutes.
10 reasons, why we LOVE these SUPERFOOD BITES
- no added sugar
- preservative free
- from purely natural ingredients
- provide healthy long lasting energy
- dairy free
- source of plant protein
RAW SUPERFOOD ENERGY BITES
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mixed dry fruit goji berries, mulberries, raisins
- 1/2 tbsp maca powder optional
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place dates in blender or food processor; purée until thick paste forms.
- Now melt the cacao butter by placing it in a stainless steel bowl and set the bowl over a pot of boiling water. Turn the heat to low and melt gently. Once the butter starts melting, take off the heat and wipe the water from the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the melted cacao butter into the date paste in the blender/food processor and add lime juice.
- Blend for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the seeds and maca.
- Mix well.
- Press into a lined pan of your choice and set in the fridge for an hour or more. Cut into bite-size squares and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
With Love & Gratitude,