On top of socca pizza or tossed with zucchini noodles, this creamy non-dairy ricotta is a beautiful thing. Just saying.
I never like to see the leftover pulp from making home made nut milk go to waste so I keep coming up with different ways to repurpose anything that gets left behind. In this particular recipe I used a mixture (1:1 ratio) of almond and cashew pulp. Feel free to experiment with using different nuts (Macadamia and Brazil nuts would make for a really nice option).
Next time you are making your nut milk, remember to save the pulp and give this delicious vegan ricotta recipe a try.
8 Insanely Delicious & Healthy Ways To Use Vegan Ricotta
- On top of home made pizza
- Stir it into your zucchini noodles
- Spread over sprouted grain toast
- Dip for fresh veggies
- Filling for a raw vegan cheesecake
- Tossed in a salad
- Base for a spinach dip
- On top of fresh fruit
Vegan Creamy Ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups nut pulp almonds,cashews, Brazil or Macadamia work best
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Celtic sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, process until creamy stopping to scrape down the sides every coupe of minutes. Taste for flavors adding any additional ingredients.
- Place in a glass jar or air tight container in the refrigerator for at least an hour, this will thicken the mixture a bit. If you are after more creamy (yoghurt like) consistency then use the ricotta straight away without refrigeration.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
We hope you enjoy it!