We made this vegan”mylkshake” a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVED IT! It’s loaded with Vitamin C, which helps to tone the skin and has an anti-ageing effect. On top of that, the flavor is amazingly rich, it’s smooth and sweet, making it an absolute treat that comes along with a whole lot of nutrition. It is alkalizing, protein-packed and makes for the perfect breakfast or snack!
- IMMUNE BOOSTING
- BONE STRENGTHENER
Make the Most of Summer Strawberries
Here on the west coast, there’s a perfect time each summer where the local strawberries are finally ripe and abundant. And when this short window opens up, Nikki and I take full of advantage of it. We eat them as they are, flavor our water with them, add them to smoothie bowls, create raw strawberry cakes, and put them in mylkshakes such as this one. If you come across this recipe when strawberries are not in season, feel free to use organic frozen ones.
This Strawberry Maca Shake is very satisfying and you can easily turn it into a meal.
We recommend you dig in with a spoon or a fat (plastic-free) straw. Keep in mind that when enjoying smoothies, green juices, and shakes, it is best to chew them with each sip to get the digestive juices started and allow your body to fully absorb the beautiful fresh nutrients.
Strawberry Maca Shake
- 1/2 cup nut milk of choice we used HM Almond Mylk
- 2 cups fresh local strawberries or frozen organic
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 dates
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 Sliced banana
- 1 tsp Bee pollen not vegan
- 1 tbsp home made granola
- Blend everything together until smooth and thick. If you find it to be too thick for your blender to handle, add extra nut milk or water. Arrange some banana slices on top and sprinkle a little bit of bee pollen for some texture, contrast and bonus nutrients.
Dedicated to your health and wellbeing,