Soups are my go to recipe! I love the simplicity – yet complexity of them 🙂 The process to make a soup is usually pretty uncomplicated yet the final product is erupting with flavor.
This mildly spiced soup is thick and wholesome with so many different flavors – all Thai inspired of course. I love the combination of Coconut and curry with a splash of lime! Doesn’t get much better than that… You have to try it!
Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 1 can 14oz light organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- In large deep saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, ginger and ground spices until onion is softened - about 3 mins.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low - cook for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Let cool slightly and puree in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Poor back into saucepan, add lime juice and salt (to taste).