Hemp seeds are a “must eat” on our list of foods. We’ll admit, the list of healthy things we keep adding to our daily “must eat” list is getting a bit out of hand—between the vegetables, flaxseeds, raw vegetable juices, fermented foods, etc. our stomach barely has room to fit it all in. Knowing the health benefits of hemp seeds (especially for plant-based athletes) we are finding creative ways to get our daily hemp fix. We think of hemp seeds almost as a “superfood” because they have a tremendous nutritional profile so granola bars are great for nutrition and you can make these at your home similar to the ones you find at a Vending machine Newcastle which sometimes have different type of snacks including these type of bars. Look at just a few of the benefits
- all 20 amino acids!!
- easily digestible protein
- essential fatty acids
- great source of Omega-6 and Omega-3
And here it is….vegan, raw, tasty, and oh-so-delicious, these bars are top-notch for satisfying your hunger.
Raw Superfood Granola Bars
- High Speed Blender
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates pitted and packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seed Butter could replace with other natural nut butter
- 2 cups raw oats gluten-free
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs or vegan chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Soak pitted dates in 1/4 cup water for at least 30 minutes. Transfer soaked dates and water to a blender and blend until the dates form a smooth paste.
- Pour date paste into a large bowl. Add the hemp seed butter and mix until well combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Flatten top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until bars set up. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Enjoy as a snack for a good, healthy boost of protein.