OK, you just finished an awesome workout and are now trying to decide what to eat.
Well, we can help…
Today we are sharing 3 Ways to Make Sweet Potato Toast. This powerhouse meal is very easy to make and comes together in just 30 minutes. If you are into meal prep, you can easily prepare the sweet potato slices ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the fridge and pop into the toaster as needed!
FEED THOSE HUNGRY MUSCLES
Post-workout nutrition is important. At least in our books. If you skip the opportunity to eat a healthy balanced meal within the first 2 hours (post) of your strength or endurance workout, you are basically killing your chance for results. It doesn’t matter what your fitness goals are – lose weight, gain muscle or lean out…in order to succeed you have to nourish your body well.
Post Workout Sweet Potato Toast 3 Different Ways
SERVES: 2 (6 x 1/2 inch slices)
- * 1 nice big fat sweet potato or yam (organic)
Avocado & Tomato
- * 1/2 Avocado sliced
- * 4 Grape tomatoes sliced
- * Kelp flakes, salt and pepper
Hummus and Sprouts
- * 1 1/2 Tbs Hummus
- * Sprouts or microgreens of your choice
Tahini & Banana
- * 1 Tbs tahini raw, organic
- * 1/2 Banana- sliced
- * pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Line a baking sheet with (unbleached) parchment paper to help prevent sticking.
- Wash the potato well, scrub with a brush if needed and dry with clean towel.
- Slice the ends of the sweet potato off, then cut it lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. (Remember no oil needed!)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and you can easily pierce them with a fork (watch to be sure they don’t burn!)
- Remove pan from oven and allow potatoes to cool off for a couple of minutes.
- Get your favorite toppings ready
- Serve warm with your favorite toast toppings.
- Top and enjoy!
For more workout meal ideas see our post on 22 quick plant-based pre-and post-workout snacks.