Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by. Today we are sharing this easy to make 100% plant based overnight, Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Scramble.
There are many vegan recipes for scrambles out there, but most of then call for tofu. In this recipe, chickpea flour takes the place of the tofu—with creamy delicious results.
Get it all ready before going to bed and let it cook overnight while you sleep! Perfect for busy days and it makes a decent amount that you can easily pack for lunch or share with family!
Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of non animal protein, containing all nine essential amino acids (the ones you can obtain only via your diet). Nutritional yeast is also widely regarded as a good source of B vitamins, including vitamin B12, another nutrient typically only found in animal foods. Perhaps best of all, nutritional yeast has a nutty, cheese-like flavour that can be used as a cheese substitute in recipes.
Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Scramble
- 2 Bell Peppers diced (we used red & yellow)
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 2 Tbsp black olives sliced
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric more if you love the flavor
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- sprouted whole grain bread optional
- green salad arugula, spinach, baby chart, etc
- Lightly coat the inside of your slow cooker with coconut oil and add in all the vegetables.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, turmeric, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Pour the chickpea mix all over the veggies.
- Gently stir all ingredient..
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (please see note bellow), once the top begins to brown slightly, it’s ready!
- Serve on top of sprouted grain bread, inside an Ezekiel wrap or with nice fresh green salad.