This recipe blends 3 of our favourite indulgences! I am hooked on all things chai, Nikki loves a good cup of coffee and together we have a mild obsession with the one and only banana ice-cream aka “nice cream”. So we decided to combine all three of these little pleasures together and came up with Dirty Chai Nice Cream.
Without further ado: here’s some fine-kickass vegan ice cream. We hope you enjoy it! (in moderation of course 😉
Dirty Chai Nice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp chai spice blend or pinch of each of the following cardamon, dried ginger and cinnamon
- 2 shots of fresh espresso or 1 cup of fresh brewed dark roast coffee in a french press
- In a high speed blender combine bananas, coconut/almond milk, chia and spices.
- Blend until consistency of ice cream. (If too soft you may freeze again after blending.)
- Scoop into glass or bowl and place into a freezer.
- Brew 1 cup of coffee or make 2 shots of espresso.
- Remove nice-cream from the freezer and pour coffee or espresso over each serving.
- Serve & enjoy!
Until next time be well and enjoy life,