Sesame seeds are a tiny but powerful nutritional powerhouses.
Sesame Seeds Health Benefits Include:
- prevent diabetes
- lower blood pressure
- prevent a wide variety of cancers
- build strong bones
- protect against radiation
- increase heart health
- help cure sleep disorders
- improve digestion
- reduce inflammation
- boost respiratory health
- strengthen your oral health
- aid in healthy growth
- improve circulation
- detoxify the body
- and eliminate depression and chronic stress
For some reason despite all these awesome benefits they have to offer they often become overlooked 🙁
Therefore I believe this ancient seed deserves a cookie! Chewy Sweet Sesame Cookies …
Chewy Plantain Sesame Cookies (Gf, Vegan)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 ripe plantain banana cut into chunks
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 cups of soft dates pitted
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor combine tahini, plantain and dates.
- Process until you achieve smooth texture like liquid dough.
- Once achieved mix the wet dough with your dry ingredients.
- Ok it's time to play - the mixture will be thick and sticky, so dip your hands in a cold water as needed.
- You could also place dough into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm it up a bit.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls between palms of hands, and then roll it in the sesame seeds so that it’s well coated.
- Press the dough ball onto a parchment lined baking sheet, using fork to flatten it.
- Repeat with all the dough, and then bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.