Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup packed pitted medjool dates (about 6 to 8 dates)
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal flour (I grounded raw almond in my VitaMix)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ to ½ cup mini chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Place the pitted dates and water in a blender and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the coconut oil and maple surup. Blend until very smooth, about a minute.
- Transfer date-oil mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl (scooping out every last bit) and add ground flax seeds and vanilla; beat on high with an electric mixture until combined.
- Add almond butter and beat again.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt over the almond butter mixture, beat again until well combined.
- Drop dough by the large spoonful onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Lightly press each cookie down with the palm of your hand or fork.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove gently with a thin spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool.