Most of us living in this busy world could use a little help with balancing our hormones, as well as give some love to our adrenals. Adrenal glands are two capsules resting on the top of our kidneys. They are responsible for the secretion of several different hormones – about 48 different kinds and types. Some of them are the fight or flight response hormones, others are important reproduction hormones, then there is cortisol – the stress hormone and also aldosterone, which is important in water retention. Remarkably, these hormones travel everywhere in the body, so the adrenal glands influence literally every organ and tissue, as well as our mental and emotional experience.
When your body is frequently under stress, from toxins (personal care, pesticides, environmental pollutants), food allergens, too much sugar, caffeine, and refined foods, exercise, and of course emotional stress from relationships, and work overload, the adrenal glands get overworked. It’s no surprise then, that when all this extra strain is placed on the adrenal glands, it can have a very real impact on the entire system from the brain, down.
The following are among the most common symptoms of adrenal imbalance:
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Cravings for Sugary or Salty Foods
- Weight Loss or Weight Gain
- Lack of Energy
- Inability to Slow Down
- Overwhelm or Anxiety
- Brain Fog
- Lack of Concentration
- Compromised Immunity
- Sleep Issues
- Low Libido
- Increased Perimenopausal or PMS Symptoms, in Women
When it comes to supporting the body in recovering from chronic stress, hormone imbalance, or adrenal fatigue, just a few simple dietary guidelines can make a world of difference. These conditions tend to leave us nutritionally depleted, and eating real nutrient-dense food can provide a crucial source of support and rejuvenation needed. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are pure medicine for the endocrine system and hormonal health – the nourishment you receive from them is very concentrated and can be assimilated quickly.
Adrenal Health Promoting Juice
- 4 carrots
- 2 beets
- 1 young coconut -water only or 1 cup of coconut water
- Wash carrots and beets well. Cut them into chunks that will fit through your juicer.
- Put the ingredients through the juicer one by one. (except for coconut water)
- Put the juice into a large glass jar add in coconut water.
- Mix well.
- Drink the juice immediately after juicing, if possible. If not, store in a glass jar/bottle in your fridge. Do not store longer than 48 hours.
If you are interested in creating greater health and wellbeing for yourself and your family you might benefit from our complimentary masterclass series – Vibrant Health – A Simple Guide to Healthier Living. Register Now!
I CHOOSE VIBRANT HEALTH
Dedicated to your health and wellbeing,